Baking temperature: 180°C (350°F) preheated oven.
Baking time: 45 minutes or longer, an oven may vary.
Baking dish: 18 cm diameter, 4 cm height. Baking dish may vary.
2 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced.
1 – 2 medium zucchini (courgette), sliced.
Tomato as you like, we can use eggplant (aubergine).
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, parsley or other herbs.
- Peel the potatoes, slice thin. Slice the zucchini similar to the potato. Slice tomato and set aside.
- Put potato and zucchini in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, parsley or other herbs, olive oil. Mix well.
- I use an ovenproof dish diameter 18 cm height 4 cm. Brush with olive oil.
- Put the vegetables in the baking dish the way you like. Set aside.
- In another bowl: eggs, milk, seasonings. If we have added salt to the zucchini we don’t need to salt the eggs. Or vice versa. Whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into the vegetables.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes, preheated oven. If we use clay baking dish we might need to bake longer.
- Take out from the oven and sprinkle with some shredded cheese. Continue baking for about 15 minutes or until the egg set and the cheese melted.
- Serve warm.