Sometimes, I like to make something irregular shape, not must be good looking but yummy.
Cheese Bread Ring
250g (2 cups) plain flour
A pinch of salt
1 tsp yeast
2 tbsp oil
125ml (1/2 cup) warm water
Extra flour for kneading
A little oil to coat the dough, if using.
– Mix all and knead until smooth.
– Put on the baking tray, grease the tray/pan if don’t use a baking mat or parchment paper.
– Cover the dough until almost doubled.
3 tbsp soft butter
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp ground red chili (optional)
1 tsp minced garlic (or less if you think is too strong)
A pinch of salt to taste or skip if using process cheese (salty)
Mix well and chill until ready to use.
Cheese of your choice and finely chopped red bell pepper/paprika
– After the dough expands, spread out with hands into a rough rectangle.
– Spread butter mixture on the dough evenly, add cheese and bell pepper.
– Roll carefully like a swiss roll. Form a ring.
– Use a scissor, cut in a slightly tilted direction.
– Bend the pieces of dough in an outward and inward direction. Brush with beaten egg.
– Bake at 180°C preheated an oven, for 30 minutes.
– Best to eat warm.