Translate: click the arrow sign on the top left — click the three strips mark — go to ‘translate’ to select the language you want.
CHEESE BREAD | Scallions Cheese Soft Bread Recipe
125ml (1/2 cup) warm milk
25g (2 tablespoons) fine sugar
3g (1 teaspoon) instant yeast
1 large egg, beaten
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
3g (1/2 teaspoon) fine salt
42g (3 tablespoons) soft unsalted butter
Extra flour to handle the dough
100g (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese, for filling and topping.
42g (3 tablespoons) soft butter + 1 tbsp chopped scallions + 1/2 tsp garlic powder (scallions/garlic butter)
Beaten egg for egg wash (you won’t use it all)
- In a mixing bowl: warm milk, sugar, yeast. Stir.
- Add egg, flour, salt. Mix briefly and add the soft butter. Mix until just combined.
- Stir or mix about 5 minutes until form a smooth dough, soft and sticky.
- Cover for 90 minutes at warm place. The dough will be very soft and sticky.
- Put on the work surface with some flour to handle the dough. Fold and form a ball.
- Divide into 10 pieces. Form a small ball. Flatten the dough lengthwise.
- Spread a little of scallions butter on the dough add the shredded cheese.
- Roll the dough to cover the filling into an oval shape/buns.
- Flatten the last dough into a round shape, put the filling and form a ball.
- Use a round baking pan or pizza pan, arrange the 9 pieces buns around the edge and put the last dough ball in the middle. Cover for 30 minutes.
- Egg wash. Slash each dough with a sharp knife/blade. Revealing a little bit of the filling.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 20 – 25 minutes. Until golden brown and crusty outside. the cheese on top form a nice crust.
Soft, fluffy, and very delicious!