Cheese Olives Pull-apart Bread Recipe
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 large egg room temperature (1 tbsp for egg wash)
1 tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
42g (3 tbsp) butter, melted.
125ml (1/2 cup) of warm milk
400g Swiss cheese slices + olives
Black pepper + ground paprika or spices/herbs you like.
Except for the cheese, the filling may vary.
All-purpose flour 125 grams for each cup
Pan size: 24 x 11 x 6 cm
Baking temperature: 180°C preheated oven
Baking time: 30 – 35 minutes, an oven may vary.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dough ingredients until smooth. About 3 minutes use a mixer or longer if using a strong spoon.
- Cover and rest for 90 minutes at a warm place.
- Use flour to help to shape the dough into a ball.
- Flatten the dough into a thin rectangle shape. Layer with Swiss cheese.
- Season with black pepper, ground paprika or other spices/herbs you like.
- I use a handful of olive slices or use other fillings as you prefer.
- Slice the dough into 12 small squares. Stack together and put vertically in a loaf pan.
- Cover and let it rise until almost full 30 – 40 minutes. Apply the egg, add grated cheese (optional).
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 180°C preheated oven.
- Remove from the pan, the best to serve while still warm.