Chocolate Buns Recipe
1 tbsp sugar (brown/white)
1 tsp instant dry yeast
3 tbsp butter, melted.
125ml of warm milk
1 egg room temperature (take 1 tbsp for later).
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
Chocolate cream, as needed. (Nutella, etc)
Chocolate sprinkles, optional.
Baking temperature: 180°C
Baking time: 25 minutes
All-purpose flour each cup = 125 grams
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except the chocolate.
- Stir by hands using a strong spoon for 5 minutes or using a mixer for 3 minutes.
- The dough is very soft & sticky. Cover and rest for 90 minutes.
- Use flour to shape the sticky dough.
- Divide into 4 big size pieces and 8 small pieces. Shape into balls.
- Flatten the big dough, thicker in the middle. Fill with 1 tsp full of chocolate spread (Nutella, etc)
- Close each dough to make buns and press the seam tightly. Lay the buns with the seam facing up.
- Flatten 4 pieces of small dough. Make a few slices inside the dough (lattice) and place the lattice dough on top of the buns
- The last of 4 small dough cut each into 3 and make ropes. Star to braid the dough, so we have 4 tiny braided dough.
- Put the braided dough around the buns. Hide the ends beneath the buns.
- Cover for 30 minutes. Apply the egg (1 tbsp from the dough). Sprinkle with chocolate, optional.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C preheated oven until golden brown.