Corn Bake White sauce/Bechamel sauce
Stir fry corn vegetables:
1 tbsp Butter.
1 small Onion, finely chopped.
Carrot, finely diced.
Broccoli, small florets.
Tomato, small cubed.
1 small can (330g weight without liquid) of sweet corn.
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
White sauce/Bechamel sauce:
2-3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup (250ml) milk
Season to taste: freshly ground black pepper, salt, nutmeg.
I use an oval dish pan: 23 x 15 x 3 cm
Oven temperature: 220°C
Baking time: 20 minutes preheated oven.
- In a pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter, add chopped onion. Stir until softened.
- Add carrot, broccoli, tomato. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add the sweet corn. Stir and cook vegetables until softened but still crunchy.
- Pour all to a baking dish. Set aside.
- In another saucepan/small pot, melt 2-3 tbsp of butter, add four and stir until melt.
- Over low heat, start pouring the milk a little at a time while stirring.
- Stir the sauce until smooth Use a strainer if necessary.
- Pour the white sauce over the stir-fried corn.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese or slices of fresh mozzarella. Add oregano.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 220°C. An oven may vary.
- Serve warm.