Garlic Mozzarella Bread – Delicious!
Diameter 23 cm for a flat shape like in the video.
Or smaller size for thicker bread.
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour/plain flour
5g (1-1/2 tsp) instant yeast
25g (2 tbsp) sugar
1/2 tsp salt
42g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
125ml (1/2 cup) warm milk
1 egg, whisked
Flour for kneading, if necessary
250g lactose-free fresh Mozzarella cheese (125g of each).
Slice into small pieces.
We can use other cheese if isn’t available in your place.
Garlic Scallion butter:
2 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped scallions
1/2 tsp salt
A sharp blade or regular knife.
Egg for brush the edge, if you are using.
Freshly cracked black pepper
Method for the dough:
- In a mixing bowl, stir all the dough ingredients into a soggy dough.
- Transfer to the counter, use flour if necessary to fold the dough with your fingers, fold, and press to guide the dough into a ball.
- Put the dough ball on a baking tray (or we can use a round baking pan/pizza pan).
- Cover until almost doubled. After the dough expands, flatten with hand into a circle.
- Using a sharp blade, score the dough crisscross style. Brush with egg at the edges if you like.
- Spread garlic butter on the surface evenly. Mark again the scored with a spoon for easier putting the cheese.
- Insert pieces of Mozzarella cheese to fill the scored dough. Add freshly cracked black pepper on top.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) preheated oven, top-bottom heat, for 20 – 25 minutes. An oven may vary.
- During baking, you might find the butter leaking out to the baking tray
- Best to eat warm to get the stretchy melting cheese.