Mozzarella Cheese Potato Balls – Crusted Almonds
Makes more than 20 pieces
3 large potatoes (about 700g), boiled, peeled.
Garlic powder, pepper, parsley, salt, to taste (other seasonings as you prefer).
250g fresh mozzarella (lactose-free), small cubed + salt, pepper, parsley, to taste.
1-1/2 cups of almond slices, crushed roughly with a hand.
1 cup of rice flour/plain flour + water as needed. Mix into runny batter.
Oil for frying.
- In a mixing bowl: hot boiled potatoes, garlic powder, pepper, parsley, to taste, and mash until smooth.
- Add salt and the egg, mix well. We can add a little flour if the mashed potato is too soft.
- Cut fresh mozzarella cheese into small cubes. Season with salt, pepper, parsley. Sprinkle with rice flour/plain flour to absorb the liquid.
- Crush the sliced almonds with a hand roughly. Mix rice flour/plain flour with water until form a thin runny batter.
- Take a small amount of mashed potato, fill with mozzarella cubed.
- Shape into a ball, use flour to help.
- Dip into rice flour/plain flour batter. Coat with crushed almonds. Or use regular bread crumbs.
- Put in the fridge at least an hour to overnight.
- Heat plenty of oil in the pan over high heat.
- Fry cheese potato balls until golden brown and crisp on the outside. The cheese will be leak out if fry too long.
- Drain the excess oil before serving. The cheese melting while still warm.