Pizza Sticks Delicious!
(makes 6 sticks)
7g (2-1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
250ml (1 cup) warm water
375g all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
Marinara sauce or pizza sauce, as needed + to apply on top.
250g (2 balls) fresh mozzarella cheese + salt + pepper + parsley.
Baking temperature: 230°C
Baking time: 15 – 20 minutes. An oven may vary.
Measurement for my recipe:
All-purpose flour: one cup = 125 grams
Milk/water: one cup = 250 ml
Please use it accordingly as the given recipe
- In a mixing bowl, active dry yeast + sugar + warm water. Stir until the sugar dissolves and cover for 10 minutes until frothy.
- Add the flour, salt, and melted butter or olive oil.
- Use a strong spoon or a mixer, mix until smooth, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Cover and rest for 60 – 90 minutes, after that, shape into a ball.
- Flatten the dough into a thin rectangle shape. Cut into 6 strips.
- I use the marinara sauce to spread on the dough. We can use other tomato-based sauce.
- Place fresh mozzarella cheese seasoned with salt + pepper + parsley, on the dough.
- Pinch the dough between the cheese and put on the baking tray.
- Cover while preheating the oven. Preheat the oven at 230°C for 15 minutes.
- Apply the remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle dried parsley or Italian herbs.
- Bake at 230°C for 15 – 20 minutes. An oven may vary.
- Eat while still warm hot!