QUICHE Recipe | Sweet Corn – Kidney Beans – Cheese – Egg
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
150g cold unsalted butter, cubed.
1 egg yolk
3-1/2 tbsp very cold water
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup canned kidney beans
1/2 cup sweet corn
Salami/bacon/ham/cooked chicken, etc.
200ml milk + 2 tbsp cornstarch
(or use 200ml of double cream or coconut cream)
Parchment paper/foil and weight for blind bake the crust.
Baking time: 25 minutes for the pastry crust (shell) and 30 minutes for the quiche.
Baking temperature: 190°C
Pan use in the video: removable tart pan 22 cm in diameter and 3 cm height.
This recipe enough for a larger pan.
- We might use a food processor for easier working.
- In a mixing bowl: mix flour and salt, add cold butter and mix into crumbs. Add egg yolk and cold water. Mix and gather into a disc and wrap with plastic.
- Refrigerated for 30 minutes or longer.
- Between plastic, roll out the dough into thin wider than the pan/dish you are using.
- Use a rolling pin to lift the thin crust and place on the tart pan, fix the sides. Trim the excess crust.
- Blind bake for 15 minutes at 190°C preheated oven. Remove the weight and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Whisk 3 eggs with salt & pepper. Add in the sweetcorn, kidney beans, salami, green onions.
- In separate bowl, add 200ml milk + 2 tbsp cornstarch (or use 200ml double cream/coconut cream). Mix well.
- Pour the milk into egg mixture, stir well.
- Pour/spoon the filling into the crust, add the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes at 190°C preheated oven. An oven may vary.
Golden brown and smell so good!
Let the quiche turn warm in the pan before removing.