Sausage Cheese Bread on Sticks
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp instant dry yeast
125ml (1/2 cup) of warm milk
42g (3 tbsp) of butter, melted.
1 large egg
125g (or more) of fresh/block mozzarella cheese, cut as you prefer.
Sausage (Wiener/Frankfurter), enough for 8 pieces of bread.
1 egg, beaten.
1 cup of Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), toasted until golden brown.
Baking temperature: 200°C top-bottom heat
Baking time: 20 minutes. An oven may vary.
All-purpose flour: 1 cup = 125 grams
Milk: 1 cup = 250 ml
Please use it accordingly as the given recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dough ingredients using a strong spoon for 5 minutes or use a mixer for 3 minutes, until the dough smooth, soft, and sticky.
- Cover & rest at a warm place for 90 minutes.
- In a pan on medium heat, toast Panko breadcrumbs until golden brown, set aside.
- Cut mozzarella cheese and Wiener/Frankfurter/sausages into pieces or use mini wiener.
- Put the sausage & cheese on a skewer/stick. Make 8 skewers/sticks.
- Use flour to handle the sticky dough and divide the dough into 8 pieces. Shape into small balls.
- Flatten the dough into an oval following the length of the sausage on the skewer
- Wrap the sausage with the dough, secure the seam.
- Dip in the egg evenly and coat evenly with toasted Panko breadcrumbs.
- Put on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Serve warm hot if you want the stretchy cheese.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.