Translate: click the arrow sign on the top left — click the three strips mark — go to ‘translate’ to select the language you want.
Vegetables Bread Recipe – Savory Delicious!
Dough: makes 8 pieces.
375g (3 cups) all-purpose flour
6g (2 tsp) instant yeast
25g (2 tbsp) sugar
2.5g (1/2 tsp) salt
1 large egg, beaten
125ml (1/2 cup) warm milk
42g (3 tbsp) soft butter
Stir-fried vegetables of your choice, up to you. About 2 tbsp of cooked vegetables for each piece of bun/bread.
Filling that use in the video:
Fresh green cabbage, finely sliced
Fresh carrot, finely sliced
Chives or parsley or scallions, finely sliced
Little oil for stir-frying
Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, herbs, adjustable.
Scrambled egg from 2 eggs + salt to taste
Egg for egg wash
- In a large bowl: flour, yeast, sugar, salt, beaten egg, warm milk. Stir.
- Add the soft butter. Mix until just combined.
- Knead until the dough is smooth. Cover for an hour.
- In a pan over high heat, add little oil to stir-fry the vegetables. Season and stir quickly until just cooked, but still crunchy. Cook dry without juice/sauce/liquid.
- Make scramble egg from 2 eggs, season with salt to taste. Mix vegetables and egg. Set aside.
- When the dough is ready, transfer to the counter and divide into 8 pieces.
- Flatten and spread out into a circle, put about 2 tbsp of the fillings on the thin dough.
- Lift the dough from 8 directions to unite in the middle, form a flower dough.
- This recipe use 2 paper baking pan 20 cm diameter, smear inside the pan with butter.
- Put 4 pieces of flower dough into each pan. Cover 30 minutes. Egg wash.
- Top with shredded cheese in the middle of each bun. I use cheddar cheese. Add a pinch of dried parsley on top of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C (350°F) 25 – 30 minutes. An oven may vary.
- To eat on the same day baking.